|The Course details are created by SEPEV.|
|Organization||SEPEV (Zero Energy and Passive House Association)|
|Date||18th – 29th May 2015|
The Certified Passive House Designer qualification provides candidates with all of the skills necessary to successfully design and deliver buildings to the Passive House standard. To achieve the qualification candidates will need to complete 80 hours of training by attending a 10-day ‘classroom’ based course and each candidate must successfully pass an examination set by the Passive House Institute.
The objective of the CEPH Designer/Consultant training, will be given first time in Turkey to increase the number of professionals who work in building sector with the technical knowledge of Passive House Design. In a broader range the aim of this project is to increase the number of passive and zero energy buildings as part of sustainable economic and technological development in Turkey.
- The course consists of a mixture of traditional lectures and practical workshops. The Passivhaus Planning Package is used throughout the training.
- HPHI (Hellenic Passive House Institute) will be a partner (HPHI is already a course provider in Greece since 2013) for the beginning of this project because CEPH educational materials are focused on the Central European climate and reflect Central European building practice and traditions. Since the end of the CEPH project, a lot of research has been done concerning the application of the Passive House design in different climates zones. SEPEV together with HPHI, will further conduct research on South East European building practices and traditions. Moreover, the training will relate to the building practices in each country with the regional Climate specifics, which are very similar in Turkey and Greece.
- Architects, Engineers, Contractors and Energy Consultants with existing experience in designing and delivering low-energy buildings.
- This qualification is very technical in nature and a thorough understanding of construction techniques and low energy design concepts is needed.
- For the effectiveness of the course the participant number will be limited to 12.
- The 1st CEPH Designer training session will be free of charge for the SEPEV; Zero Energy and Passive House Association members
- For international participants registration fee is; 850 Euro.
For registration please contact; [email protected]
Part A: The Passive House Standard (Held on first day) :
- Introduction, Background and Principles
- PHPP introduction and calculation method
Part B: Building Envelope (Held on 2nd, 3rd, 4th days) :
- Passive House envelope – types of construction
- PHPP exercise: the building envelope
- Thermal bridge free designing
- Thermal imaging and airtightness measuring
- Passive House Windows
- Tendering Stage
- Site Supervision and Quality Assurance
- Building Envelope: comprehensive exercise
Part C: Building Services (Held on 5th, 6th, 7th and 8th days) :
- Ventilation role
- Ventilation – concepts
- Ventilation – planning
- Ventilation – implementation
- Ventilation – sample projects
- Ventilation – exercise
- Heating – fundamentals
- Heating – exercise
- Heating – temp. differentiation
- Heating – distribution losses
Part D: PHPP (Held on 8th day) :
Part E: Profitability Calculation (Held on 9th day):
- Economic Passive House
Part F: Summary / Review (Held on 10th day) :
- Summary: Building Envelope
- Summary: Building Services
- Summary: Economics
- Summary: Energy Balance – PHPP
- Design Exercise
Final Examination (180 min)
Participants will undertake a final 3-hour ‘open book’ exam to achieve the qualification of ‘Certified European Passive House Designer or Consultant’. The date for the exam is 29th May 2015.