|The Course details are created by SEPEV.|
|Organization||SEPEV (Zero Energy and Passive House Association)|
|Course Dates||February 29th – March 8th 2020|
|Exam Date||March 21th 2020|
The Certified Passive House Designer qualification provides candidates with all of the skills necessary to successfully design and deliver buildings to the Passive House standard. To achieve the qualification candidates will need to complete 80 hours of training by attending a 9-day ‘classroom’ based course and each candidate must successfully pass an examination set by the Passive House Institute.
The objective of the CEPH Designer/Consultant training, will be given second time in Turkey to increase the number of professionals who work in building sector with the technical knowledge of Passive House and Zero Energy Building Design. In a broader range the aim of this project is to increase the number of passive and zero energy buildings as part of sustainable economic and technological development in Turkey.
- The course consists of a mixture of traditional lectures and practical workshops. The Passivhaus Planning Package is used throughout the training.
- HPHI (Hellenic Passive House Institute) will be a partner (HPHI is already a course provider in Greece since 2013) for the beginning of this project because CEPH educational materials are focused on the Central European climate and reflect Central European building practice and traditions. Since the end of the CEPH project, a lot of research has been done concerning the application of the Passive House design in different climates zones. SEPEV together with HPHI, will further conduct research on South East European building practices and traditions. Moreover, the training will relate to the building practices in each country with the regional Climate specifics, which are very similar in Turkey and Greece.
- Architects, Engineers, Contractors and Energy Consultants with existing experience in designing and delivering low-energy buildings.
- This qualification is very technical in nature and a thorough understanding of construction techniques, building physic and low energy design concepts is needed. The background of all applicants will be reviewed in terms of education, experience etc…
- For the effectiveness of the course the participant number will be limited to 12.
For registration please contact our Vice President, Architect & Certified Passive House Designer SEDA GULEC: [email protected]
PART A: THE PASSİVE HOUSE STANDARD (HELD ON FİRST DAY) :
- Introduction, Background and Principles
- PHPP introduction and calculation method
PART B: BUİLDİNG ENVELOPE (HELD ON 2ND, 3RD, 4TH DAYS) :
- Passive House envelope – types of construction
- PHPP exercise: the building envelope
- Thermal bridge free designing
- Thermal imaging and airtightness measuring
- Passive House Windows
- Tendering Stage
- Site Supervision and Quality Assurance
- Building Envelope: comprehensive exercise
PART C: BUİLDİNG SERVİCES (HELD ON 5TH, 6TH, 7TH AND 8TH DAYS) :
- Ventilation role
- Ventilation – concepts
- Ventilation – planning
- Ventilation – implementation
- Ventilation – sample projects
- Ventilation – exercise
- Heating – fundamentals
- Heating – exercise
- Heating – temp. differentiation
- Heating – distribution losses
PART D: PHPP (HELD ON 8TH DAY) :
PART E: PROFİTABİLİTY CALCULATİON (HELD ON 9TH DAY):
- Economic Passive House
- Design Exercise
FİNAL EXAMİNATİON (180 MİN)
Participants will undertake a final 3-hour ‘open book’ exam to achieve the qualification of ‘Certified European Passive House Designer or Consultant’. The date for the exam is March 21st 2020 (Saturday).